Stressed out about the holidays? Do you want your cake, drinks, cookies and turkey dinner and want to eat them too? Now, you can, and without worrying about the post-party bulges, love handles, and energy crashes. The following pre-party detox tips offer a quick and easy cleansing program to help you get through the holidays without destroying your waistline, energy levels and immune system.
Pre-Party Detox Tips
The ten keys to party days are:
1. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration, the reason many people feel “hung over” from drinking too much or eating too much heavy food.
2. Take a high-quality B-complex and vitamin C supplement, both of which are depleted from alcohol consumption and stress.
3. Eat fruit—the best food to keep the lymphatic system cleansed and moving properly. More information about the lymphatic system and its role in cellulite momentarily.
4. Eat a large green salad for lunch and dinner if you’re having dinner at home.
5. Eat a small healthy snack every two hours to stabilize blood sugar. Wild blood sugar fluctuations can deplete your energy, cause your body to gain weight, and depress your immune system, making you more vulnerable to those cold and flu bugs found in droves at most parties.
6. Avoid eating sweets, synthetic sweeteners or foods sweetened with them. You’ll probably get enough of these treats at the party.
7. Be sure to fit some exercise into your day. A minimum of twenty minutes of vigorous activity will get your circulation going, improve lymph flow, increase energy, and help your body handle the stress of the holiday season.
8. Avoid margarine and foods made with hydrogenated fats. These toxic foods make your body’s detox organs sluggish and require huge amounts of energy for digestion. Plus they lead to weight gain.
9. Avoid foods that contain synthetic colours, preservatives, and other additives. Many holiday snacks contain plentiful amounts of these toxic substances, which your liver must filter. By avoiding them throughout the day, you are giving your liver a break so it can devote its energy to holiday foods.
10. Don’t overindulge at the party. Treat yourself without making a complete pig of yourself.
For more detox tips, check out The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan.
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC, Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC, is a Doctor of Natural Medicine, Doctor of Acupuncture, holistic nutritionist, six-time and best-selling author. She is the developer of a uniquely powerful and revolutionary approach to cleansing ALL of the body’s detoxification mechanisms, which she explains in her book, The 4 Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan She is also the author of The Life Force Diet. Join her at http://holisticexpo.ning.com/group/nutrition for more Holistic Nutrition & Diet Advice on the Body Soul & Spirit Expo Social Network.